The Jewel software program used by local church treasurers provides the basis for the Jewel accounting system. Jewel receipts contributions, writes checks for bills and distribution of funds, provides donor receipts, makes remmittances to the Conference, and maintains a database for all local funds and budgets. As part of closing each month, the data entered by the local treasurer is reported to the Conference via an internet connection and Jewel's data server. This data is the basis for all other services provided by Jewel.
Jewel Auditor is a software program designed to assist in the auditing and tech support processes. Auditor incorporates a full copy of Jewel, enabling the user to view a church's database, find errors and make necessary corrections.
Auditing: Auditor software...
- retrieves church databases from the Data Server for auditing
- facilitates finding errors by searching for specfic amounts
- allows you to date corrections so reports will match the
corrected bank balance for the audited period
- finds the date when items were cleared on bank reconciliation
- can make corrections to balance the bank reconciliation
Tech Support: Auditor software can be used to...
- retrieve a church's database from the data server
- view the actual data in Auditor to see what the church treasurer has done
- make corrections or adjustments to the database
- reset the NextStep button to help get the treasurer back on the right track
- delete Remittance and Budget Allocation to allow Jewel to re-close a month
- change dates on checks and deposits to put them in the appropriate month
Jewel Reporter is a program for the conference office staff who deposit remittance checks. Reporter retrieves the monthly remittance information for each church from the data server and makes it available to the Conference.
- track the date reports were received
- track the date checks were processed (received and deposited)
- provide data showing outstanding amounts and amounts received
- provide summary and comparative data and charts showing information
such as tithe received compared to previous months or years
- provide data to TRS or AASI for transfer to the Conference software
for reporting to the Union.
Note: Jewel Reporter is the newest member of the Jewel System. Though it is currently functional and is used by a few conferences, it is also still being expanded.
Jewel provides and maintains a data server to receive data from the church treasurers' Jewel software. This data server is a hub for many services:
- stores the local database as a backup
- stores each database to serve as the local church's monthly report to the Conference
- serves as a hub between the local treasurer and tech support for transferring data
- maintains all local church remittance reports for conference use.
At Jewel, we actively use these products ourselves and we are here to provide needed support. Each conference provides tech support to their local treasurers, but we support your conference staff.