Benefits to the Conference
There are some dramatic cost benefits when using the Jewel Church Accounting System conference-wide. Here are just a few ways Jewel saves time and expense:
- Less training is required to get new treasurers started, since Jewel is so easy to learn.
- Jewel is NOT menu driven (uses the unique "NextStep" button to assist the treasurer), therefore there are fewer calls for tech support.
- Auditors can do a more thorough audit in less time as the data is more accessible.
- The Auditor software saves time when used to make database corrections for those inevitable mistakes.
- Jewel's data server saves many hours AND the expense of travel by serving as a conduit between the local treasurer and the Auditor.
- Jewel's Bank Reconciliation is so easy that most treasurers reconcile regularly, saving auditing time.
- Because Jewel is easy enough for the smallest of churches and sophisticated enough for the largest, this software is an ideal choice as a "Conference standard."
Utilizing Jewel has some interesting and beneficial side effects - some obvious, and some we had not anticipated. Here are a few:
- Churches using Jewel submit their remittances earlier in the month - many treasurers are able to have their monthly report in by Sunday morning! This improves cash flow at the conference level.
- Cash flow is also improved on Jewel because the Jewel remittance automatically writes the check for the entire balance due - therefore fewer churches are behind in their remittance amount.
- Jewel Reporter will make it easier to process remittance checks and track Conference cash flow.
The Bigger Picture
The Jewel Church Accounting System is a set of tools that makes conference and local church accounting faster and easier. Less work, less time, less travel, fewer employees -- all add up to savings! After all, every cost comes out of the pockets of individual church members. We all want to be good stewards of God's resources.
Having one system that links all processes together is more efficient and cost effective. Conferences need tools that do the job efficiently. Realizing this, many conferences recommend and urge all their churches to use the same system.
Churches look to the conference to know what is available and what is best for them. We encourage conferences to consider the options available to you - and we hope you will find Jewel to be the best to serve your needs!